MRP the Consulate General of Pakistan, Chicago.
The Government of Pakistan has introduced Five (5) and Ten (10) years validity Machine Readable Passports (MRP) incorporating special security features designed to check human trafficking and forgery. It contains digitally printed personal data with a photograph in the bar code. Valid Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or Computerized Registration Certificate (CRC) or the National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistani (NICOP) original is mandatory for issuance of the Machine Readable Passport (MRP). The issuance of passport is directly complementing the government’s efforts to increase the number of people in database and in improvement of the overall governance of the country. Pakistan is one of 80 countries in the world to have moved towards machine-readable traveling documents and first in the South Asia.
Physical presence is mandatory to apply for Machine Readable Passport at Consulate:
All applicants are required to apply in person for MRP at the Consulate. Processing of MRP application includes recording of biometric data (finger print scanning), photographing, taking the applicant’s personal data and interview for which personal attendance is mandatory at the Consulate Concerned.
- No need of any form and Photograph.
- Machine Readable Passport can not be issued or renewed by Mail or with any representative.
Pre-Requisites to apply for Machine Readable Passport:
- MRP applicants must possess valid computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or National Identity card for Overseas Pakistani (NICOP) issued by National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA).
- Senior citizens (65 years and above) are not required to renew their CNIC.
- Applicants below 18 years should hold either NICOP or RG-2 Form / CRC (Child Registration Certificate) issued by NADRA. (Visit our NICOP section).
- If there is a discrepancy between the information provided by the applicant and the data in NADRA’s database the applicant can rectify the information first in the NICOP before applying for MRP. The applicant will be required to produce documents like birth certificate, matriculation certificate, valid passport, or valid visa to prove or justify the change noticed in data fetched from NADRA warehouse. In case of change of a female applicant’s name due to marriage, the applicant should have her NICOP/CNIC card changed to the married name before applying for MRP showing the marital status on the Marriage Certificate.
Fees Structure for Regular and Urgent Service:
|Service Type||Fees||Processing Time|
|Regular Service- for validity of 5 Years||$ 46||4-6 weeks (Approx.)|
|Regular Service- for validity of 10 Years||$ 83||4-6 weeks (Approx.)|
|Urgent Service – for validity of 5 Years||$ 120||10-15 Business Days(Approx.)|
|Urgent Service – for validity of 10 Years||$ 216||10-15 Business Days(Approx.)|
The issuance of Machine Readable Passports (MRP) may be delayed due to unforeseen reasons and technical problems from the Directorate General of Immigration & Passports Headquarters, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Form of Fees Payment: Fees are paid in the form of Money Order or Cashier’s Cheque payable to the Consulate General of Pakistan, Chicago. Fees once paid are non-refundable.
- a) For applicants: 18 years of age and above
- Valid and original either Computerized National Identity card (CNIC) or National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistani’s (NICOP) issued by NADRA with front and back sides photocopy of the card.
- Original and latest passport either MRP or Manual (valid or expired) with photocopies of first four pages.
- Proof of legal status in the US (copy of green card / visa / work authorization).
- Proof of residence in the US (Copy of US State ID / Driver’s License).
- For Dual Nationality Holders: original and valid also two copies of Foreign Passport are required. Clearance is required from Pakistan.
- NOC in case of a Government Servant from concerned department.
- Married Female should have Husband’s Name on her CNIC/NICOP. Otherwise Father’s Name will be written on MRP.
- For processing, Officer dealing with MRP may ask for additional papers/documents if and when required.
- No Amendment / modifications are permissible in Machine Readable Passport. The Applicant should apply for a new Passport for having any change.
- In Case of Year in Date of Birth printed in CNIC ‘1/1/year’ will be appear in machine readable passport. For example date of birth in CNIC is 1965, in MRP it is treated as 1/1/1965.
- b) For applicants: below 18 years of age
- Valid and original Computerized Registration Certificate (CRC)/ B-Form issued by NADRA or NICOP along with two copies of the documents.
- Both parents original NADRA ID Card along with photocopies (front and back).
- For Dual Nationality Holders: copy of their Foreign Passport along with the photocopy of first page.
- Deposit fee at counter. (With Money order or Cashier’s Cheque)
- Present fee receipt and Pakistani Identity (CNIC or NICOP), Pakistani Passport, Documents with Photocopies for issuance of token and Digital photo capture (without eye glasses)
- Digital fingerprint capture.
- Data Entry (Please Read Data Form carefully and sign it)
- Interview and DATA Verification by MRP Officer.
Renewal of MRP
Renewal of Machine Readable Passport has the same procedure as applying for new one with all required documents. MRP can’t be renewed by mail or with any representative.
APPLICATION FOR LOST MACHINE READABLE PASSPORT/ MANUAL PASSPORT:
Applications for lost passport are processed after verification of particulars by the passport issuing authority.
- Personal Appearance of the applicant(s).
- Police Report for loss of passport.
- Original valid CNIC / NICOP / CRC along with a photocopy.
- Photocopy / Number of lost Pakistani Passport.
- Proof of residence in the US (copy of green card / visa / work authorization).
- Fee in the shape of money order or cashier’s check payable to the Consulate General of Pakistan, Chicago. Personal checks not acceptable. Fees are non refundable.
- No Objection Certificate for Government Servants.
Fees Structure for Lost Pakistani Passport:-
|Service Type||Fees for First Time Loss||Fees for Second Time Loss|
Processing Time: subject to the verification from issuing authority.
Third Time Loss: The Consulate General may not issue third time loss passport because approval will be required from Directorate General of Immigration & Passports Islamabad, Pakistan.
Collection / Delivery of Machine Readable Passports:
- The delivery of Passport can be delayed from prescribed time as passports are printed and dispatched from Pakistan.
- If you have received instructions from consulate either through email or phone call to pick your MRP from Consulate, Passports are available for pickup by the applicant itself or authorized person between 3:00 to 4:00 p.m along with the Receipt bearing Token Number and a Identification Card.
- Otherwise, a self addressed USPS certified return paid envelope (applicant’s responsibility) is required for delivery through courier mail.
*The receipt of Machine Readable Passports (MRP) from Islamabad is sometimes delayed due to technical problems.*
Note: For any questions or queries related to Machine Readable Passport, Kindly Contact us at 312-781-1831 or firstname.lastname@example.org