To renounce Pakistani Nationality, the applicants would have to surrender all their valid and expired passports and national identification cards.
Following are the guidelines in this regard:
- Pakistanis under the age of 21 cannot renounce their citizenship independently. However, their names could be included in the renunciation application of their father.
- US$30/- fee is accepted only in the form of money order or cashier check payable to the Consulate General of Pakistan, Chicago or through debit/credit card at the Consulate. No cash or personal checks are accepted.
- Written and signed request with reason for renunciation of citizenship.
- Notarized copy of US passport and citizenship certificate.
- Form X completed and duly signed by the applicant. Form will be attested by the Consulate of Pakistan. Those sending their cases by mail should enclose notarized copy of Form X .
- All Pakistani passports (valid and expired) in original along with one set of copies of each passport are required.
- Applicant’s seven photos with white background taken within last six months to be provided. All Photos must be cut out in size of ‘2’ by ‘2’ inches.
- If the applicant is minor, please provide data and place of birth of the child with original documentary evidence such as Form “B” or Form “S” or NICOP/Child Registration Card.
- In case the applicant does not have CNIC/NICOP, the applicant may provide correct complete address in Pakistan along with two references in Pakistan for Police verification of applicant’s antecedents.
- Original CNIC/NICOP to be submitted to the Consulate at the time of renunciation application. This card will have to be cancelled online by the applicant once the renunciation of the citizenship is approved by authorities in Pakistan. The applicant would be informed accordingly.
- An email of the applicant needs to be written on Form X, enabling authorities in Pakistan to contact the applicant directly if some information/documents are needed.
- Applicants can check status of their applications by sending an email on firstname.lastname@example.org